zaterdag 6 februari 2016

The one with the vacation

Aloha loves and welcome to my blog. Today I have something different for you guys. I was looking to old Facebook pictures of myself when I found pictures of the last time that I went on vacation in 2011. I know that I said in my shoplog of next week that I would show a certain outfit, but I just couldn’t resist to show you this throwback. I know that almost five years without going on vacation sounds a little sad, but I had a blast in my own hometown the last couple of summers and the good part is that I could think about the best last holiday I had in France fort he last couple of years. In this post I will tell you guys everything about the most memorable moments of my vacation to France in 2011!
It was August 2011. I just turned sixteen and our family wouldn’t go on vacation that year. Except for me, because one of my best friends had asked me to go with her and her parents to France. I said yes, because she and I were, and still are, very close and I hadn’t been in another country since 2007. I was so excited that I counted the days untill August and I packed my suitcase a week before we took off. On the day that we left, my mom brought me to my friends house, because she wanted to wave goodbye. I kissed my mom goodbye and we, my friend, her parents and I, got in the car and headed towards Northern France, Eppe-Sauvage, for ten days.
My first most memorable and favorite moment is the day that we went out to mountainbike. I remember vividly the feeling I had when I went down hill, through the fields and the forest. Uphill was a steep climb, but it was worth it. I never felt so free in my life as I did then. I even forgot that I went way to fast. My best friends dad told me to slow down, because he didn’t want me to fall or as he said it: He didn’t want to scrape me of the road. At the end of the day we were tired and had a lot of musle pain, but it was one of the best experiences.
My second is that we went to Lille for see sighting and to shop. Back then I wasn’t such a big fan of shopping. I just wanted to take as much pictures as I could, because I loved how much beautiful statues and buildings there were and I wanted to show my mom everything when I came home, because secretly I missed her a bit and I wanted her to have a little vacation too. I can remember we stood on a very big squere named ‘Place du Général-de-Gaulle’. You can see a part of the squere on the picture above, in the back you can see the tower of the ‘Chamber of Commerce’ of Lille. It was very impressive how many statues this city has. Many statues in Lille are in memorial of the fallen people in World War I. My phone was full of pictures of beautiful Lille, but I can remember I also bought one shirt.     

My last most memorable moment is on the day that we left France. We were in the ca rand I can recall that I drunk a tin of Coca-Cola. How is it possible that, when you really have to go, that there is never a gasstation? I was really trying to hold it in, but secondes felt like hours. I’ve never been so happy in my life when we found one and I almost ran to the toilet. After all it’s a fun story, but at the moment I could cry. 
This were my favorite moments of that vacation. I really loved to go on vacation with one of my best friends. I liked to see all the pictures again and I really want to go abroad this year. Next Saturday I'll be back with a new post. Post a sweet message or a tip. I wish you a nice night sweethearts. Love Nikki x

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten